“TRAVEL GREEN. TRAVEL LOCAL”
Creative writing and photography competition
Call for Entries
In Partnership with
Happy World Tourism Day! (Khmer translation here)
Conscious Tourism Cambodia and Impact Explorer Cambodia and its partners, once again, are launching the 3rd year a Creative writing and photography competition – with theme TRAVEL GREEN.TRAVEL LOCAL.
THE COMPETITION THEME
The theme for the Competition is TRAVEL GREEN.TRAVEL LOCAL. The judges will be looking, first and foremost, for original and imaginative treatments of the ideas underpinning the competition, so you interpret this is a range of creative ways. This can be interpreted in a wider sense through subjects linked to the environment, the people and tourism destinations.
- Cambodian nationals, expats living in Cambodia as well as international tourists are welcome to apply
- The minimum age for participation in the competition is 15years, there is no upper age limit.
- Only submissions connected to sustainable travel in Cambodia will qualify for participation in the competition.
RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Entries should be the work of the entrant alone.
- Entrants should enter individually, not in groups and can submit up to 2 entries each.
- All submissions must be original work and be owned by the photographer/writer.
- All entries must be entered via this website. No postal or email entries will be accepted.
Winners of each of the category and sub-categories will be awarded travel-related prizes such as accommodation and travel vouchers, guest passes to a spar, travel equipment etc.
In addition, every week we will select a weekly best photo/story, so do not wait to enter the last minute… you can already win after the first week!
The submission period begins at 12:00am on 1st July 2019 and ends at 11:59pm on 1st September 2019. Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible.
The Public vote for People’s Choice begins at 12:00am on 5th September 2019 and ends at 11:59pm on 15th September 2019 ( Votes submitted before or after the Voting Period will not be eligible. Profession panel selection will take place at the same time.
- This competition is open to all professional and amateur photographers who have reached the age of 15.
- Images can be of any subject (landscape, wildlife, portrait, etc), but should be connected the theme of Sustainable travel in Cambodia. Images can be in colour or black & white.
- Photographs taken by a camera as well as photos taken by a mobile phone can be submitted.
- Minimum resolution for photos should be 300dpi (high-quality photo).
- All photographs must be original work and be owned by the photographer.
- Photos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Images that involve the willful harassment of wildlife, or damage to the environment by the photographer.
As part of the entry, you must provide a caption of up to 40 words on where it was taken, what’s happening in the shot, what inspired you to take it, etc. You must also supply your full name, email address, and telephone number with the caption.
CREATIVE WRITING COMPETITION
- This competition is open to anyone who loves to write.
- You are invited to write a piece of prose or poetry in English or Khmer.
- Each entry should be minimum of 500 words, though no longer than 1000 words (there is no word limit for poetry)
- However literally you take the theme –Sustainable travel in Cambodia, you are encouraged to be imaginative, to think and write about relationships, travels, meetings, your dreams for sustainability and experiences you have had.
- The judges will be looking, first and foremost, for original and imaginative treatments of the ideas underpinning the competition.
- Entries should be submitted as Microsoft Word and PDF formats only.
There are 2 sub-categories – Submissions in Khmer + submissions in English
NEW! Teacher’s notes and lesson plans for teachers, educators, youth workers and NGOs, interested in supporting their students in entering the creative writing competition. Download PDF here and MS Word here
In partnership with
Main Prize Sponsors
Weekly Prize Sponsors