OSOAM COMMUNITY BASED ECO TOURISM
Explore Cambodian village life and local eco-systems
“Oops! We are very sorry, but the CamConscious team has yet to visit Osoam community based ecotourism.”Recommendation from the CamConsious Team
Submit your review
Osoam is a small community including 4 villages with 327 families. The major source of income for local residents was the illegal trading of timber, wildlife and other forest products combined with slash and burn farming. It is essential to educate local residents about the benefits available through Eco-tourism. Osoam Community Center aims to support rural communities in Osoam commune by developing alternative sources of income through sustainable development. OCC proposes an approach in education, vocational training, an Eco-tourism centre and agriculture programs
- 1-3 bedrooms in a traditional house with bed, mattress, mosquito net, cotton sheets, blankets, pillows
- Local style toilet and shower
- Limited electricity
- Provides drinking water
- Parking: car, van, motorcycle
LOCAL AREA & ACTIVITIES
- Watching Wildlife including birds, monkeys, and fireflies which often appear during the evening
- Hiking with a local guide
- Swimming in the streams
- Camping during a hiking trek over several days
- Moto trip
- Trekking to a crocodile sanctuary
- Experiencing traditional livelihoods and enjoying the rural Cambodian lifestyle
GETTING THERE & TRANSPORT
Located in the center of the Cardamom Mountains. It lies between the Crocodile Protection Sanctuary and Phnom Samkos Wildlife Sanctuary, on the main road between Koh Kong city and Pursat Town. There is no bus transport to Osoam. If you are travelling from Phnom Penh or Siem Reap you will be able to book a bus or VIP minivan to these two provincial cities. From there, the only two options to reach the destination are via shared taxi or private taxi from Koh Kong city or Pursat Town. The more adventurous tourist can choose to hire a motorbike and drive there.
BOOK YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND ACTIVITIES HERE
PLAN YOUR TRIP
NOT TO BE MISSED
Tours around Osoam are available which will take you around the Cardamom mountains. Hiking, motorcycle tours, waterfalls, swimming, cooking classes and boat trip are all available. Treks can be arranged from a few hours to three days. Some of the wildlife in the area includes Siamese crocodiles, clouded leopards, sun bear, gibbons, wild boar, Sambar deer, wild monkeys, wild elephants, butterflies, hornbills, and kingfishers.
1 – 2 DAYS STAY
Try to relax and enjoy the local community and their lifestyle… when you get itchy there are plenty of opportunities to hike and cycle in the local area. Osoam community is a fantastic place to relax for few days, you have plenty of activities to choose from.
- The community can help you to organise a transport to go Stueng Tasok, or to the crocodile sanctuary.
- The local area around Osoam can be explored by traditional ox/buffalo carts.
- The Phnom Aural sanctuary can be visited from here, while you use Osoam as your base.
- You can also hire a motorbike and explore the area from two wheels.