MONDULKIRI ELEPHANT & WILDLIFE SANCTUARY
Meet the Asian Elephants in the wild
“Oops! We are very sorry, but the CamConscious team has yet to visit Mondulkiri Elephant & Wildlife Sanctuary.”Recommendation from the CamConsious Team
Submit your review
The Mondulkiri Elephant & Wildlife Sanctuary is a protected forest area and eco-tourism wildlife conservation center near Sen Monorom, Mondulkiri province, Cambodia. Visitor contributions directly sponsor working elephant retirement, local reforestation & captive / trafficked wildlife rescues.
There is no accommodation at the project. However, if you book 2-3 days trekking you will have a chance to spend a night camping in the forest.
LOCAL AREA & ACTIVITIES
- Volunteering opportunities
- Tribal Bunong communities
GETTING THERE & TRANSPORT
Travelling from Phnom Penh or Siem Reap you will be able to find several VIP minibus companies travelling directly to Senmonorom (often also called Mondulkiri town). From there the organisation will organise a transport for you to the project site.
BOOK YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND ACTIVITIES HERE
At this moment we are unable to take booking for this site.
PLAN YOUR TRIP
NOT TO BE MISSED
One day tour – day with elephant includes:
- Spending a day of hiking the sanctuary forest – meeting the sanctuary’s retired elephant & native wildlife & experience Mondulkiri’s natural habitats.
- Learning about Mondulkiri’s culture and traditions – visiting an indigenous “spirit” forest.
- Visiting retired elephants and their indigenous caretakers, observe natural elephant behavior as they romp through the jungle.
- Helping with feeding, washing and, caring for elephants ethically (without elephant riding).
- Having lunch at the Sanctuary base camp, swimming at a secret rainforest waterfall.
2 DAYS STAY
If you have more time, and you would like to be able to spend more time hiking in the forest there is a great overnight trekking and elephant experience:
- Spend 2 days visiting the Mondulkiri sanctuary and surrounding Bunong community forests.
- Visit traditional tribal home and learn about local culture and traditions.
- Trek through community forests & see Mondulkiri’s diverse habitats, learn of the threats local forest and wildlife are facing
- Stay at night camping at the sanctuary’s rainforest lodge – a chance to experience the jungle wildlife after dark.
- Learn about the projects, as well as about local culture – visit a tribal “sacred spirit forest”.
- Lunch picnic at the Sanctuary base camp, swimming at a secret rainforest waterfall
- Visit the elephants and their tribal care givers, observe natural elephant behavior as they romp through the jungle
- Help with feeding, washing and, caring for elephants (without elephant riding)