KOMPONG PHLUK FLOATING VILLAGE
Explore Cambodian floating villages on Tonle Sap lake
“Oops! We are very sorry, but the CamConscious team has yet to visit Kompong Phluk Floating Village.”Recommendation from the CamConsious Team
Submit your review
Located in the mountains of Bokor National Park, Prek Thnout offers a great scenery to its visitors. Tourists can follow the boardwalk of the mangrove forests to one of the waterfalls or do a guided walk to learn about the environment, traditional ceremonies and food cooked by local people. Fireflies often appear during the night which makes the atmosphere even more special. There is also the opportunity to learn more about non-timber-forest-products like rattan or bamboo which are grown in Kampot Province.
- 1-3 bedrooms in a traditional house with bed, mattress, mosquito net, cotton sheets, blankets, pillows
- Western or local style toilet and shower
- Electricity 24/7
- Provides drinking water,
- Parking: car, van, motorcycle
LOCAL AREA & ACTIVITIES
- Waterfalls and mangrove forest
- Watching Wildlife including birds, monkeys, and fireflies which often appear during the evening
- Hiking to waterfalls with a local guide
- Swimming in the streams
- Attending guided walks through the mangrove forest
- Doing a boat trip at night to see the mangrove forest and its plenty of fireflies
- Experiencing traditional livelihoods and enjoy the rural Cambodian lifestyle
GETTING THERE & TRANSPORT
Prek Thnout is located in Kampot province, between Preah Sihanouk province and Kampot Town. It is partially situated within the Bokor National Park and can be reached by bus, minibus or taxi. From Kampot Town it takes a 30km ride along National Road 3 or a 90km drive from Preah Sihanouk province along National Road Number 4. Please ask the bus driver to drop you off at Prek Thnout village.
CONSCIOUS TRAVELLER COMMUNITY… SHARING IS CARING
We are sorry but at the moment we have very limited information about this site. If you have visited Kompong Phluk Floating Village., please get in touch and help us to fill this knowledge gap. We are a travel information platform, reliant on feedback from travellers like you. We love to see the photos you took, hear your stories and advice for other travellers.