CHI PHAT – ECOTOURISM
Explore Cambodian wildlife and eco-systems
“Chi Phat ecotourism site is one of the few well established sites in Cambodia. There is plenty to choose from – and a wide range of activities and accommodation options. A great place to visit if you are looking for your first ecotourism experience or traveling with children.”Recommendation from the CamConsious Team
Submit your review
The Chi-Phat commune (Khmer: ជីផាត,pronunciation: cheephat) is located deep within the Cardamom Mountains in the South-West of Cambodia. The commune consists four villages:Chi-Phat, Komlot, Chom-Sla and T’k La’o. Most of the local residents make their living mainly out of agriculture, fishing and tourism. Ecotourism efforts in recent years have made Chipat a popular destination for foreign visitors and local Cambodians alike. After 10 years of running the ecotourism project, the village is becoming more sustainable and is well known globally.
There are several options available to travellers:
- Homestays – each house accommodates 1-4 people with options of private room or sleeping in the common area with the family with shared traditional bathrooms. Meals can be provided by local families.
- Guesthouse – The guesthouses are just as welcoming as the homestays, but accommodate more guests and may offer a bit more comfort. Guesthouses do not provide meals.
- Bungalow – Bungalows offer more comfort with simple but modern style. Each bungalow has a room with twin or double beds, and an en-suite bathroom.
LOCAL AREA & ACTIVITIES
- Trekking in the forest
- Cycling – mountain bikes for hire
- Kayaking Boat trips
- Discover the real peaceful Cambodia
- Swimming in the streams
- Attending guided walks through the Cardamon mountains
- Experiencing traditional livelihoods and enjoying the rural Cambodian lifestyle
GETTING THERE & TRANSPORT
If travelling from Phnom Penh or Sihanoukville, take a bus or mini van going to Koh Kong city. Ask the driver to drop you off just before the second bridge: Andoung Teuk. Chi Pat is 17 km by unsealed road or two hours from Andoung Teuk. From Andoung Teuk you can either take a moto or travel by boat. If you have pre-ordered transport go to the restaurant with blue pillars and the organisation will pick you up from there by moto driver or by boat. If not, you will be able to find plenty of motodop drivers to give you a ride – $7 or boat to take you to Chi Pat – $10 per person or $40 per whole boat.
BOOK YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND ACTIVITIES HERE
At this moment we are unable to take booking for this site.
PLAN YOUR TRIP
NOT TO BE MISSED
Chi Phat offers a wide of range of activities – biking, trekking, swimming in the river river or just enjoying the life in the village and the surrounding area.
- Village tour and learn about Cambodian country life
- Gentle kayaking on the Pipot river.
- At lunch, take a khmer cooking class.
- In the afternoon, catch the fresh water lobster in the light of your headlamp and then enjoy the sunset and a dinner on a raft cruise.
- Million tree nursery – learn how Wildlife Alliance is regenerating areas of the cardamom Mountain forest .
1 – 2 DAYS STAY
- Spend a day trekking or cycling through the forest.
- Sunrise bird watching : in the early morning half day river bird watching tour
- Trick or treat : bat cave and burial jars ( hard)
- Mountain community ( medium-hard day bike ride, with different sites)